MASTER COURSE IN PARAMETRIC DESIGN - 400H
A unique study program in the world that introduces you to parametric design and digital manufacturing in the fields of Product Design, Architecture, Landscape, Digital Fabrication… through the creation of physical and digital parametric models using as main tools Grasshopper for Rhino and our CNC machines (Computer Numerical Control).
Due to Covid19 situation, this course has changed to Hybrid on-line format. Please check the link HERE to find more info.
We hope coming back with the on-site program in 2022!
Grasshopper is a free graphical algorithm editor tightly integrated with Rhino’s 3-D modeling tools. Unlike RhinoScript, Grasshopper requires no knowledge of programming or scripting, but still allows designers to build form generators from the simple to the awe-inspiring. It is used at most famous architecture offices like Zaha Hadid or Norman Foster, as engineering teams as the one of Sagrada Familia (Barcelona), one of the most technological advanced buildings in the world. We will have the best available tutors and instructors for every unit, all of them with university teaching experience.
Who is it for?
Aimed to professionals and students from the world of architecture, industrial design… interested in learning and use of parametric working tools
The course includes a full RHINOCEROS for Windows and Mac Educational Licence
The course is divided into 5 groups with several units. The aim of every unit is that students can learn new parametric tools based on Grasshopper.
- GROUP I – NURBS modelling (Rhino, Grasshopper)
- GROUP II – Digital Fabrication (visits to parametric outstanding buildings)
- GROUP III – Mesh modelling (Grasshopper for organic design, structural analysis and form-finding)
- GROUP IV – Interoperability (Grasshopper and its connection with arduino, sensors, data from internet, Python…)
- GROUP V – Thesis (individual work on the main interests of the student based on the previous units + V-Ray for rendering)
Regarding Parametric Fabrication, we will use our CNC 3 axis milling machine large size, 3D printers FDM and Trotec Laser machine. Material prototyping is included in the course.
INSTRUCTORS, LECTURERS AND VISITS OF XI EDITION 2019
- Sergio Alonso del Campo, Diego García Cuevas – controlmad (Spain)
- Arturo Tedeschi. Form-finding expert. ArturoTedeschi Office (Italy)
- Adam Orlinski. Structural analisys expert Karamba Developer. (Germany)
- Andrés González. Mc Neel Miami. RhinoFabStudio world-wide director (USA)
- David Serrano Lozano. Interoperability expert [Random] office (Spain)
- McNeel Europe staff. Rhino Developers. Barcelona (Spain)
- Visit to Fundición Capa (Spain)
- Visit to an outstanding Parametric / Rhino projects: Arganzuela footbrigde, by Perrault Architects
- Trip to an European city with Parametric buildings. In our last edition, our students went to Barcelona to visit Sagrada Familia, McNeel Europe Headquarters and other buildings.
INSTRUCTORS AND LECTURERS AT PREVIOUS EDITIONS
- Daniel Nielsen. Environmental computational designer (Denmark).
- Francesc Salla. Responsible for the development of Visual-Arq, AsuniCAD
- Thomas Grabner/Ursula Frick [UTO] Geco, Mesh Edit Developers. (Austria)
- Pep Tonabell, Enrique Soriano. CODA-Office. Barcelona Tech
- Luis Fraguada. gHowl Developer
- Marta Verde. Processing and video mapping developer.
- Clemens Preisinger. Structural analisys expert Karamba Developer. (Germany)
- Pepe Ballesteros. Chairman of Pasajes Magazine
- Andrés de Mesa – Sagrada Familia engineers (Spain)
Location > controlmad – Madrid, Spain View location
Instruction Language > English
Dates > September – December 2021 (Dates will be announced)
Maximum number of students : 12
Minimum number of students : 7
Lectures are taken in the morning from Monday to Thursday. Afternoon time is devoted to personal student’s work based on what instructors have taught during the morning.
- Lectures and tutor support (classroom) | 9,30 am – 3 pm (30 minutes break)
- Personal student’s work (on-site or at home) | 3,30 pm – 6,30 pm
Enrollment fee – 4350 eur
Are you interested? You may book a spot with a deposit of 800 eur and complete the payment during the next 30 days.
Please download and read this registration file for further information
La inscripción y reserva de plaza se realiza exclusivamente abonando el importe del curso
> Bank transfer. Please, click above on “How to register” button for detailed information
> Credit – Debit Card (Secure e-commerce platform Redsys – Stripe)
> Paypal* using your account or with credit-debit card.
(*) Paypal additional management fees are charged, not included in the enrollment fee.
Looking for accomodation?
Upon registration, we will provide information regarding accomodation, best areas to stay… You can join into a private group of former students that might share information about it. Also, we have an agreement with a local company specialized in helping you to find a place to stay.
We´ve had students from 35 countries: Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, Iran, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Mexico, Morocco, Portugal, Panama, Peru, Nigeria, Phillipines, India, Russia, Singapur, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, UK, U.S.A. and Venezuela.