controlmad advanced design center
Controlmad advanced design center is a FabLab (Fabrication Laboratory) for advanced architecture, engineering and design. Our working process is characterized by CNC technology (Computer Numerical Control), which allows making architectural components -interior and exterior ones- of furniture, models... regardless its complexity from CAD files without intermediaries, saving costs and with a high accuracy level.
Founded at early 2011, controlmad tries to answer the changing environment, leaving the static concept of an architecture office and taking Anglo-Saxon concepts such as “Know-How” and “Learning-by-doing”, where is put into practice formal and theoretical research; implemented by the energy and creative spirit of workshops performed at our headquarters.
We are an Authorized Rhino Training Center and Authorized Rhino FabStudio, the only one in Madrid and one of the two existing in Europe, where we teach Rhinoceros and plug-ins like Grasshopper, V-Ray, and other platforms such as Arduino. Rhinoceros is a 2D and 3D modeling software, well established in industrial design and architectural fields in countries like USA or Germany.
Diego García Cuevas
CEO - Founding Partner | Projects Manager
- Architect. University of Valladolid. Master Biogital Architecture (International University of Catalonia)
- Professor at ETS Architecture of Universidad Europea of Madrid
- Guest Professor at School of Architecture University of Valladolid, La Coruña and San Pablo CEU, Madrid. He has been professor in Design at University Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid.
- Authorized Rhino Instructor
Sergio Alonso del Campo
CEO - Founding Partner | Training Manager
- Architect. University of Valladolid. Master Structural Analysis of Monuments and Historical Constructions (UPC Barcelona + University of Padova)
- Professor at School of Architecture. Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV)
- He has been professor at School of Architecture and Design at University of Valladolid, University Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid and Universidad Europea Valencia.
- Guest Professor at University of Sassari (Italy), National University of Philippines (UP Dilliman), European Insitute of Design (IED Madrid), La Coruña and San Pablo CEU, Madrid.
- Authorized Rhino Instructor
REVIT-BIM Instructor Architect. University of Alicante Revit Autodesk Certified Professional Professor at Arquitecture and Computer Laboratory (EPSA), University of Alicante
Doctor y Profesor titular la Escuela de Ingeniería Naval. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Grasshopper InstructorIndustrial and Computational Designer, Creative Mutations Master Product Design (IED Madrid) He has won or been finalist at well known design competitions: Porsche, Samsonite, Bruni Glass Award...
Also have collaborated
Aitor Jaurrieta, Daniel Crisóstomo, Ana Prieto, Laura García Ardura, Jesús Villegas, Jessica Martín, Mario Sevillano, Miriam Garayo, Marta Ortega Aizpún, Jesús Feijó, Belén García Zurro, Tesa de Miguel, Germán Colomar, Alejandro López, Jose Antonio Camacho, Rachael Verdugo, Diego Alonso, Mariano Levi.